Our physicians received top awards at recent Blue Cross Blue Shield meetingFriday, October 21, 2016
The Family Doctors received several awards Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana’s Quality Blue Primary Care Statewide Collaborative, held Oct. 20 in Baton Rouge.
Blue Cross named four clinics with the highest scores on Quality Blue’s clinical quality measures for the program’s four targeted chronic conditions. The Family Doctors won the award for Highest Achievement in Diabetes Care 2016.
And, for the first time in the history of Quality Blue, two clinics tied for the Highest Overall Performance award, which goes to the clinic with the highest combined score on the four healthcare quality measures and three efficiency measures that track how well a practice is reducing the use of unnecessary services.
This year, both Highest Overall Performance winners hail from Shreveport: The Family Doctors and Shreveport Internal Medicine.
Blue Cross also recognized our physicians on an individual basis with 23 awards for patient care in the Quality Blue Primary Care program. The doctors achieved top scores on the clinical quality measures for three of the program’s four targeted conditions: diabetes, hypertension, vascular disease and chronic kidney disease.
• Dr. Wayne Barksdale – Diabetes, Hypertension
• Dr. Marion Cash – Diabetes, Hypertension, Vascular Disease
• Dr. Ross Hamic – Diabetes, Hypertension, Vascular Disease
• Dr. Ellie Hudnall – Hypertension
• Dr. Ricky Jones – Diabetes, Hypertension, Vascular Disease
• Dr. Katie Kerr – Diabetes, Hypertension
• Dr. Ann Landry – Diabetes, Hypertension
• Dr. Timothy Mathis – Hypertension
• Dr. Sherin Mercer – Hypertension
• Dr. Kevin Murphy – Diabetes, Hypertension, Vascular Disease
• Dr. Charles Patton – Diabetes, Hypertension
• Dr. Theresa Rinderle – Diabetes, Hypertension
We are proud of the fine work done by our physicians, physician assistants and our entire staff! Quality care is our # 1 goal! Great job #TeamTFD!